VERCELLI WALKING TOUR
Price: on request
n. of pax: min. 1 - max 50
UNIQUE 3-HOUR WALKING TOUR OF VERCELLI
- Basilica di Sant’Andrea (Abbey of Saint Andrew);
- Piazza Cavour, Piazza dei Pesci and the Church of Saint Cristoforo;
- Museo del Tesoro del Duomo (Museum of the Treasures of the Vercelli Cathedral).
"Equal volumes of all gases, at the same temperature and pressure, have the same number of molecules”.
- Amedeo Avogadro -
Do not miss the chance to visit the city of Vercelli, city of art located between Milan and Turin.
Vercelli is one of the key point along the Via Francigena and it’s known not only for rice cultivation but also for its artistic and historical heritage.
The meeting point is the railway station of Vercelli, the point where you meet our licensed guide who will explain the city’s history.
The walking tour of the city starts with the imposing Romanesque-gothic Basilica di Sant’Andrea (abbey of Saint Andrew), built between 1219 and 1227, the symbol of the town and a beautiful example of the passage from the Lombard-Emilian Romanesque style to the French Gothic architecture.
The visit at Basilica di Sant’Andrea is followed by an interesting tour of the city centre: Piazza Cavour (Cavour Square), the heart of the city, dominated by the thirteenth century Torre dell’Angelo, Piazza dei Pesci (Fishes Square), Corso Libertà, the elegant road of shops and the splendid Church of Saint Cristoforo with the circle of frescoes done by hand by Gaudenzio Ferraris.
On the way back we’ll stop at the Museo del Tesoro del Duomo (Museum of the Treasures of the Vercelli Cathedral).
The Museum is hosted in some rooms located on the ground floor of the Archbishop’s Palace, which were frescoed during the episcopacy of Monsignor Agostino Ferrero (1511-1536). Here are kept some unique objects and collections that highlight the role of Vercelli as an artistic crossroad and centre of the Piedmontese evangelization: it houses a true copy of the Crucifix, an extraordinary piece of goldsmith’s art of Ottonian times displayed in the Cathedral, an original “filling” made of wood, cocciopesto (Opus signinum) and organic resins which, together with textile fragments, supported the thin external silver sheet, and many different types of reliquaries dating back to 7th - 18th century.
3 hours to discover one of the most beautiful Italian cities of art !
Prices per person
- 3 hour walking tour of Vercelli;
- english speaking licensed guide;
- ticket entrance for the Museum of the Treasures of the Vercelli Cathedral.
- gratuities (optional);
- anything not mentioned in “Price Includes”.
- Vercelli railway station (close to the bar Chef Express).
- The tour is available Wednesday to Friday (3:00-6:00 pm), Saturday (09:00-12:00 am and 3:00-6:00 pm), Sunday (3:00-6:00 pm). The tour can be organized in different days/hours (except Sunday morning and Monday) by paying an additional fee;
- If some of the attractions/suppliers mentioned above are not available they will be replaced by others of the same quality.
Thanks for choosing I Go Travel
Location: Italia - Piemonte - Vercelli
Durata: 1 day