MIN 1 Person / MAX 25 people
PRIVATE FULL-DAY BAROLO & BARBARESCO WINE TOUR
- Scenic tour of the beautiful “colline langarole” (hills of the Langhe area);
- Visit of 2 selected wineries (Borgogno and Moccagatta);
- Barolo tasting: Barolo Borgogno basic, Barolo Borgogno Reserve
- Barbaresco tasting: Barbaresco Bric Balin 2009, Barbaresco Bric Balin 2011, Barbaresco Basarin 2011
Barolo: “the King of Wines, the Wine of Kings”
Private full-day tour of the lands of Barolo and Barbaresco
Pick-up in at the lobby of your hotel located in Turin and transfer to Langhe, one of the most prestigious wine regions of Italy.
If we say “Langhe” probably nothing comes to your mind. But if we say Barolo and Barbaresco ?
Recently recognized as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO the Langhe region is a land of undeniable worth and priceless beauty, an authentic paradise for wine lovers and for those people who desire to live travel experiences recalling the nature of authenticity, art of living and traditions.
On the way to get the Langhe you’ll be enchanted by the beautiful landscapes that surrounds this area: our first stop is at the “Belvedere of La Morra”, a must-see location at the top of the small village. The view, needless to say, is marvelous !
After taking a picture to the beautiful “colline langarole” (hills of Langhe area) we will proceed along the picturesque wine routes that bring us to Borgogno winery, famous for producing one of greatest treasures of Piedmont: Barolo, “the king of wines and the wine of kings”.
The name Borgogno has always been linked to one of the oldest wine producing houses in Langa and Piemonte, with a great history began in 1761 thanks to Bartolomeo Borgogno. Casa Borgogno, with its own cellars carved into the live tuff of the hill, is found right in the historical centre of the town of Barolo. The strong point of Borgogno lies in its unconditional respect of tradition, which recalls wines of days gone by and are actually produced with traditional and natural wine making methods, and therefore:no selected yeasts used, no enzymes used, no mannoprotein used. Together with our wine expert you’ll discover the “holy place” where one of best wines of Italy sleeps and reveal the hidden secrets about how to make good Barolo. It is produced from 100-percent Nebbiolo grapes grown on the hills surrounding the town of Barolo. Fragrant, tannic Barolo wine is so revered that it was one of just three wines awarded DOCG status on the day that the classification was introduced in July 1980 (the other two were Brunello di Montalcino and Vino Nobile di Montepulciano). From the the cellar to the tasting room: let’s toast with Barolo !
After lunch our journey goes on to the gorgeous Barbaresco area. Our wine tour brings us to Moccagatta winery, a family-owned winery located in the heart of the Langhe, mainly in Barbaresco. The company spreads out over 15 hectares, 12 planted with vines, for an average annual production of 65,000 bottles of wine made just from the grapes grown in their own vineyards. The search of a balanced production, a special care over the vines from pruning to green harvest in summer, and the use of modern facilities and equipment in the cellar have turned out to be fundamental to produce high quality wine.
The cellar visit is followed by the tasting of 3 glasses of Barbaresco wine, known as “the younger brother” of Barolo.
In the evening return to the hotel and “Arrivederci”.
Prices per person
- Full-day private tour by car/minivan with an english speaking driver;
- Pick-up and drop off at your hotel located in Turin;
- Scenic tour of the stunning hills of the Langhe;
- Visit of 2 wineries and tasting of Barolo and Barbaresco.
- Ground transportation from/to other cities can be arranged on request;
- Gratuities (optional);
- Lunch at a traditional restaurant (€ 25-35) or at a michelin starred restaurant (about € 55-80 per person) can be arranged on request. Both Restaurants have to be booked at least 7 days before the beginning of the tour. Please note that during the International White Truffle Fair prices will increase;
- Extra wine-tasting;
Times and hours have to be confirmed according to the pick-up/drop off points.
9.00 am: pick-up at the lobby of your hotel located in Piedmont region
10.15 am: scenic tour through the gentle hills of the Langhe
10.30 am: stop at the “Belvedere of La Morra”
11.15 am: arrival at the first wine estate
11.30 am: private tour of Borgogno winery and Barolo tasting
1.00-2:30 pm: time for lunch
3.00 pm: arrival at the second wine estate
3:15 pm: private tour of Moccagatta winery and Barbaresco tasting
4:30-5.00 pm: departure from the winery to your hotel
- At the lobby of your hotel located in Turin. Please, specify the place (e.g city, address, hotel);
- In case of different pick-up/drop off points contact us.
- The tour is available Monday to Saturday. Sunday on request;
- If some of the attractions/suppliers mentioned above are not available they will be replaced by others of the same quality;
Thanks for choosing I Go Travel
Location: IItalia - Piemonte - Langhe - Barolo
Period: Whole year
Durata: 1 day