DOMODOSSOLA & CHOCOLATE
Price: on request
n. of pax: from 1 to 50
DOMODOSSOLA, ART & CHOCOLATE
- Amazing walking tour of Domodossola
- Tradition, art & culture of Ossola Valley
- Tasting of the “Food of the Gods”
“En arrivant à Domo-Dossola, l'admiration me ferma la bouche; je ne vis que ce paradis qui se déployait devant moi”
-Duchesse d’Abrantes, Mémoires historiques, 1831 -
Domodossola, Art & Chocolate.
A mix of art, culture and … chocolate tradition. This is Domodossola, the most important locality of the Ossola valley, an ancient Roman province that acquired its name (from the Latin “Domus Oxulae”, where “Domus” means an administrative capital with the main church of the area) following the establishment of Christianity in the Ossola region.
Our local guide will wait for you at Domodossola railway station (in front of Hotel Eurossola). The first visit is at the very fine Piazza Mercato, an irregularly-shaped square located in the heart of the town, has a characteristic medieval atmosphere thanks to its arcades and to its houses with loggias and balconies. The capitals of the columns which hold up Romanesque and Gothic arches, are accurately carved and bear the coat of arms of the most important families of Ossola; those families represented the opposite guilds of the 'Spelorci' and 'Ferrari', always fighting for the supremacy in the village.
Follow the visit of La Motta, a typical neighborhood of Domodossola with beautiful larch balconies, blackened by time, which testify the contacts with the Walser culture and demonstrate the ancient aspect of this part of the town.
After lunch to a traditional restaurant of Domodossola we will get the famous “Officina del Cioccolato” (Artisan Chocolate Maker).
The Officina del Cioccolato has been synonymous with quality since 1924.
For the description, we give the floor to the owners: “Of three sisters, two of us work together, and in recent years we have become more and more captivated by the “Food of the Gods”, to the extent that we have transformed our traditional bakery into a veritable Chocolate Workshop”.
Visit and tasting of the “Food of the goods”, a superlative food experience !
End of the tour in late afternoon.
Prices per person
- English speaking guide;
- 3hrs private tour of Domodossola;
- Tour of the “Officina del Cioccolato” and tasting;
- Entrance fees.
- pick-up and drop off service. This service can be arranged according to your specific request.
- gratuities (optional);
- pick-up and drop off service from Turin / Milan / other places on request
- drinks and food not included in the menu;
- anything not mentioned in “Price Includes”.
Times and hours have to be confirmed according to the pick-up/drop off points.
9.45 am: arrival to Domodossola, meeting with our local expert guide
10.00 am: private guided tour of Domodossola
1.00 pm: lunch
3.00 pm: visit of the “Officina del Cioccolato” and tasting;
4.00 pm: end of the tour
- Domodossola railway station (in front of Hotel Eurossola).
- The tour is available January to August (September, October, November and December on request), Tuesday to Saturday (Sunday and Monday on request);
- If some of the attractions/suppliers mentioned above are not available they will be replaced by others of the same quality.
Thanks for choosing I Go Travel