VERCELLI... RICE & FOOD
MIN 1 PERSON MAX 6 PEOPLE - QUOTE FOR REQUEST FOR GROUPS OF SEVEN OR MORE PEOPLE
ENOGASRONOMIC EXCELLENCE OF VERCELLESE PLAIN
- Private Guided Tour of the Principality of Lucedio;
- Risotto tasting;
- Private tour of Travaglini Winery;
- Tasting of 4 glasses of wine: Nebbiolo DOC Coste della Sesia, Gattinara DOCG, Gattinara DOCG Tre Vigne, Gattinara DOCG Riserva.
Rimembriti di Pier da Medicina, se mai torni a veder lo dolce pianoche da Vercelli a Marcabò dichina (Divina Commedia/Inferno/Canto XXVIII|Pier da Medicina|XXVIII, 73-75)
There is a number of reason Dante Alighieri passed through the Vercellese Plain many years ago …
A large hourglass which contains grains of sand of infinite shapes and colours: this is the province of Vercelli, a territory with its unusual borders that embraces the entire course of the Sesia River from the Monte Rosa to the Po River and encloses an incredible variety of landscapes and natural environments but also those with historical and artistic elements and those with numerous and amazing cultural spots. The meeting point is the railway station of Vercelli, where our driver will wait for you. The first stop is the Principality of Lucedio, ancient abbey founded in 1123 by the Cistercian Monks that reclaimed the land starting here, first in Italy, rice growing at the beginning of the XV century. As time went by, thank to its strategic geographic position along the Via Francigena, the Abbey became a prosperous centre of economic and political power: three were the Popes that visited Lucedio and several noble Italian families fought for the possession of Lucedio which from the Gonzaga passed to the Savoy until it has been annexed to the properties of Napoleon at the beginning of the XIX century.For lunch ? A traditional menu based on risotto, the typical dish of this area ! In the afternoon we leave the rice fields area to get the hills of Gattinara, noteworthy for the production of the valuable Nebbiolo grapes a part of the Terre del Nebbiolo of Northern Piedmont that gives origins to important wines, appreciated on a European level such as Gattinara docg. Private tour of Travaglini winery and wine tasting: a “must” in this area. Located in the heart of Gattinara, Travaglini was established in the 1920s and throughout the years the winery has established itself in Gattinara as the most esteemed producer of traditional, limited-production wines from the Nebbiolo grape. The family has always thought that an exceptional wine deserves exceptional bottle. It was with that in mind that in 1958, Giancarlo Travaglini set out to create a bottle that was also a work of art.This special bottle, exclusive to Travaglini, was designed to grace the most prestigious tables in the world.The shape of this bottle naturally catches sediment during pouring, allowing the wine to be served directly from bottle to the glass without decanting.
You will be surprised to know that exists a red wine - made with Nebbiolo grape - that can compete with Barolo and Barbaresco ! In the evening return to Vercelli and “Arrivederci”.
Prices per person
1 pax: € 445 / 2 pax: € 250 / 3 pax: € 197 / 4 pax: € 172 / 5 pax: € 150 / 6 pax: € 135
- full-day private tour by car/minivan with an english speaking driver;
- pick-up and drop off at the railway station of Vercelli. Transfer service from other places can be provided and will be quoted separately ;
- private guided tour of the Principality of Lucedio;
- risotto tasting;
- private tour of Travaglini winery and wine tasting.
- gratuities (optional);
- transfer service from other places can be provided and will be quoted separately;
- extra wine-tasting;
- anything not mentioned in “Price Includes”.
Times and hours have to be confirmed according to the pick-up/drop off points.
10:30 am: pick-up at Vercelli Railway Station
11.15 am: private guided tour of the Principality of Lucedio
12.45 pm: risotto tasting
3.00 pm: private tour of Travaglini winery and tasting of 4 glasses of wine
4.00 pm: departure from the winery and transfer to Vercelli railway station.
- Vercelli railway station (close to the bar Chef Express).
- In case of different pick-up/drop off points contact us.
- The tour is available Monday to Saturday. Sunday on request;
- If some of the suppliers are not available they will be replaced by others of the same quality;
- Booking: at least 7 days in advance;
- Cancellation Policies: 7 days (30%) - 5 days (50%) - 3 days (100 %).
Thanks for choosing I Go Travel