Vercelli, Rice Tradition & Cashmere
FROM 129,00 € PER PERSON - BASED ON 7 PEOPLE
VERCELLI, RICE TRADITION & CASHMERE
- Vercelli guided tour: Basilica di Sant’Andrea, Piazza Cavour, the Tower of the Angel, the Church of San Cristoforo
- Rice cultivation and history: the Principality of Lucedio
- ALESSANDROSIMONI: haute couture and cashmere
“I made an excursion of three weeks into the rice country beyond the Alps, going through it from Vercelli to Pavia about 60 miles “- Thomas Jefferson -
The Vercellese plain.
Kilometers and kilometers of paddy fields make this vast territory a fascinating and atmospheric environment, thanks to that sensation of balance between nature and man's activity and the passing of the seasons which transform the paddy fields into a surprising blend of colours.
Immersed in the middle of the paddy fields we find Vercelli, the capital of Vercellese plain, a must-see city, famous for its artistic treasures and beautiful churches.
Together we will discover the beauties of Vercelli, the place where the Italian rice cultivation was born and we will have a coffee at the “laboratory” of an artisan who has become an icon for “Haute Couture” and excellent cashmere products.
The meeting point is the Vercelli railway station.
Our expert guide will take you to visit the great artistic heritage of the city of Vercelli: the imposing Romanesque-gothic Basilica di Sant’Andrea (the Abbey of Saint Andrew), the symbol of the city, Piazza Cavour (Cavour Square), the nerve center of Vercelli where everyone, sometime during the day, ends up there to window shop, to buy something at the market, to have a cup of coffee, and to chat. Piazza Cavour is authentic “works of art” and it is embellished by the beautiful Tower of the Angel. The Church of San Cristoforo is the last stop before lunch. The pride and joy of San Cristoforo is the cycle of paintings by Gaudenzio Ferrari, executed in 1529-34, which are among the highest expressions of the Piedmontese Renaissance school of painting. For lunch you will taste the “Risotto”, traditional dish of this area.In the afternoon we will leave Vercelli to get the Principality of Lucedio, founded in 1123 by the Cistercian Monks that reclaimed the land starting here, first in Italy, rice growing at the beginning of the XV century. With our expert guide you’ll visit the medieval part of the Principality: the Converse Hall, the Chapter House, the Cloister, the Refectory and the Gallery.
After the the visit we will take to “have a coffee” at the “laboratory” of ALESSANDROSIMONI.
The story of ALESSANDROSIMONI starts in the 70s, when it was founded a small workshop of knitting in Piedmont. Over time, the business grew and became an important reference point as a versatile quality and well representative of the "Italian know-how” knitwear manufacturer. Today the Vercellese’s artisan of fashion creates collections in which fine yarns, lines carefully designed, knitting stitches, jacquard and color come together in harmony to create garments which accompany it, with simple elegance and refined in details for every occasion.In the evening transfer to the railway station of Vercelli and end of the tour.
Prices per person
1 pax: € 491 / 2 pax: € 285 / 3 pax: € 208 / 4 pax: € 169 / 5 pax: € 145 / 6 pax: € 130
QUOTE ON REQUEST FOR GROUPS OF 7 OR MORE PEOPLE.
- pick-up and drop off at Vercelli railway station;
- Vercelli guided walking tour;
- lunch with a dish of traditional “Risotto”
- private guided tour of the Principality of Lucedio
- visit of ALESSANDROSIMONI’s showroom and factory;
- private ground transportation: restaurant in Vercelli - Principality of Lucedio - ALESSANDROSIMONI showroom - Vercelli railway station (2:00-6:00 pm)
- entrance fees
- gratuities (optional);
- wine at lunch;
- anything not mentioned in “Price Includes”.
Times and hours have to be confirmed according to the pick-up/drop off points.
8.45 am: pick-up at Vercelli railway station by our expert licensed guide
9.00-12.00 am: Vercelli guided walking tour
12.30 pm: lunch
2.00 pm: pick-up and transfer to the Principality of Lucedio
2.30 pm: guided tour of the Principality of Lucedio
4:15 pm: transfer to ALESSANDROSIMONI Showroom
5.30 pm: departure from the showroom and transfer to the railway station of Vercelli
- Vercelli railway station (close to the bar Chef Express).
- The tour is available Monday to Saturday. Sunday on request;
- If some of the suppliers mentioned above are not available they will be replaced by others of the same quality;
- Booking: at least 7 days in advance.
- Cancellation Policies: visualizzatili sulla nostra pagina web.
Thanks for choosing I Go Travel