Private Monferrato Wine Tour
price on request
PRIVATE FULL-DAY MONFERRATO WINE TOUR
- Scenic tour of the beautiful Monferrato hills;
- Visit of Tenuta Montemagno and tasting of 3 wines: Nymphae Monferrato DOC, Ruché di Castagnole Monferrato DOCG, Barbera d’Asti DOCG;
- Lunch at a traditional “ristorante monferrino” (typical restaurant of Monferrato area);
- Visit of Braida winery and tasting of 3 Barbera reserve wines.
“Wine improves with age … I improve with wine” - A.T -
Private full-day tour in Monferrato, marvelous territory located within two provinces, Asti and Alessandria. The Monferrato is a land recently recognized as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Among its fascinating landscapes, the Monferrato region is home to a high level wine growing and oenology sector, basing on local grape varieties. Until the '60s, wine growing represented one of the leading sectors in the whole Monferrato Astigiano region. In the recent years it became especially relevant in a few particularly suitable areas, even though almost the whole territory is located within the borders of one or more Protected designation of origin (PDO). The Barbera (the most famous of the area), Ruche, Monferrato DOC, Malvasia. Together we will visit two traditional wine estates located in the middle of Monferrato hills where you’ll broaden your knowledge about the methods used to make these incredible wines ! The meeting point is the railway station of Vercelli, where our english speaking driver will wait for you. On the way to Monferrato region we will ascend and descend the gentle hills that make unique this area, one of the most beautiful of Italy - do not miss the chance to take pictures to the beautiful landscapes ! Our first stop is at Tenuta Montemagno, producers of high quality wines. The ancient walls tell of the history and traditions of the true Monferrato and like a good wine preserves its secrets in time, to then donate it to us, the farmhouse does the same and presents us its ancient splendours. The wine experience starts with the visit of the cellar where you will learn more about the terroir and winemaking itself. The grape harvest and the wine making operations as well as the maturing of the wines still take place in the historical cellar of the manor, a very suggestive place. Our experience continues with a private, salon-style tasting of Barbera, and another typical wine, only produced in this area, known as “the wine of friendship”. For lunch we suggest a traditional “ristorante monferrino” (typical restaurant of Monferrato area) to taste the delicious gastronomic products that this land can offer. On the way to the second winery you will have the opportunity to admire the gorgeous Monferrato’s sceneries, historical sites, fascinating architectural beauties, villas, medieval cathedrals, monasteries and abbeys. The second winery is a symbol of Monferrato top quality wine. It all began with the nickname “Braida”, which was acquired by the great-grandfather Giuseppe Bologna who was a champion in playing “pallone elastico” on town and church squares, a typical sport of the Piedmont region. Giacomo Bologna inherited both vineyards and nickname from his father, but above all an unconditional love for his land and wine.Since 1961 until today Braida has been the amplified and faithful image of the philosophy of Giacomo and Anna, their prospect of life, earth, wine and friendship. Raffaella and Giuseppe Bologna, both oenologists, are the third “Braida” generation and are united by the initial dream to elevate the Barbera grape into a noble status which for some would seem to be reserved only for international varieties. After the cellar visit you will delight your palate with a tasting of 3 Barbera reserve wines , the icon of this corner of Italy. In the evening return to the railway station of Vercelli and “Arrivederci”.
Prices per person
- full-day private tour by car/minivan with an english speaking driver;
- pick-up and drop off at Vercelli railway station. Transfer service from other places can be provided and will be quoted separately ;
- scenic tour of Monferrato Hills;
- visit of Tenuta Montemagno and Braida winery wineries including wine tasting.
- transfer service from other places can be provided and will be quoted separately
- gratuities (optional);
- extra wine-tasting;
- anything not mentioned in “Price Includes”.
Times and hours have to be confirmed according to the pick-up/drop off points.
10:30 am: pick-up at the railway station of Vercelli
11.30 am: private tour of Tenuta Montemagno
12.45 pm: lunch
2:30 pm: transfer to Braida winery
3.00 pm: private tour of Braida winery and wine tasting
4:15 pm: departure from the winery and transfer to the railway station of Vercelli
- Vercelli railway station (close to the bar Chef Express).
- In case of different pick-up/drop off points contact us.
- The tour is available every day on request
- If some of the suppliers are not available they will be replaced by others of the same quality;
Thanks for choosing I Go Travel